If you are a licensee of an Storm Videos trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are an Storm Videos Authorized Reseller or member of an Storm Videos program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Storm Videos’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an Storm Videos trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Storm Videos is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Storm Videos’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Storm Videos’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Storm Videos trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an Storm Videos trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Storm Videos. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
Authorized Use of Storm Videos Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Storm Videos and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the Storm Videos Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the Storm Videos Logo only as specified in their agreement with Storm Videos and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Storm Videos. For example:
Authorized Value Added Reseller
Authorized Service Provider
2. Compatibility: Developers may use Storm Videos, StormVids, StormVids.com, or any other Storm Videos word mark (but not the Storm Videos Logo or other Storm Videos-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Storm Videos product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The Storm Videos word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The Storm Videos word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
c. The Storm Videos word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
d. The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Storm Videos product.
e. The reference to Storm Videos does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Storm Videos or Storm Videos products or services.
f. The use does not show Storm Videos or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an Storm Videos word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for Macintosh Computer Users.
b. The use reflects favorably on both Storm Videos and Storm Videos products or services.
c. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Storm Videos word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The Storm Videos logo or any other Storm Videos-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Storm Videos.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Storm Videos, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Storm Videos LLC.”
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Storm Videos ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning an Storm Videos product or services may use the appropriate Storm Videos word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
5. Storm Videos Web Badge Licensing Program: Web sites may use one of the Storm Videos Web Badges if the site uses or was created using Storm Videos-branded content (videos, graphics or imagery) and you comply with the terms of the Storm Videos License Agreement and Guidelines.
Unauthorized Use of Storm Videos Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Storm Videos, StormVids, StormVids.com, Storm Videos, LLC, or any other Storm Videos trademark, including Storm Videos-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. Storm Videos Logo and Storm Videos-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Storm Videos Logo or any other Storm Videos-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license fromStorm Videos, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a Storm Videos or other variation of the Storm Videos logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of anStorm Videos trademark for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: Storm Videos for Sale Storm Videos Cart Storm Videos Tube
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use an Storm Videos trademark or any otherStorm Videos-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Storm Videos, LLC, Storm Videos, StormVids.com, StormVids, or any other Storm Videos trademark, including Storm Videos-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Storm Videos’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Storm Videos, LLC, Storm Videos, StormVids.com, StormVids or any other Storm Videos trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Storm Videos.
7. Storm Videos’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Storm Videos, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an Storm Videos slogan or tagline.
For example: “StormVids shoots premium extreme weather stock footage and storm videos.”
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Storm Videos trademark as a second level domain name.
Not acceptable: “StormVideos.com” “StormVids.com” “StormVideosLLC.com”
The Storm Videos Trademark
1. You may not use the StormVids trademark standing alone except to denote or refer to the Storm Videos product line.
2. You may use “StormVids” in your product name, company name, trade name, or service name provided your name satisfies the following criteria:
a. Your product is not related to video content created for media purposes (including but not limited to full feature films, stock footage, breaking news, etc).
b. Your product is Mac compatible or the third party business is associated with Mac based computers.
c. “Mac” is used in combination with another non-generic or non-geographically-descriptive word.
Acceptable: MacVenus MacCharlie
Not acceptable: MacCharleston MacSales
d. “Storm Videos” or “StormVids” does not appear more prominently than the rest of the name in size, color, or typeface.
e. Your name does not suggest a false association with Storm Videos.
f. Your name is not confusingly similar to any trademark owned or used by Storm Videos.
g. You acknowledge that Storm Videos is the sole owner of the “StormVids” trademark and that you will not interfere with Storm Videos’s use or registration of “StormVids” alone or in combination with other words.
h. If you are an Storm Videos Authorized Reseller or member of an Storm Videos program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Rules for Proper Use of Storm Videos Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I bought two of Storm Videos stock clips.
Not Correct: I bought two Storm Videos.
3. Always spell and capitalize Storm Videos’s trademarks exactly as they are shown. Do not shorten or abbreviate Storm Videos product names. Do not make up names that contain Storm Videos trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution Within the United States Only
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Storm Videos trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
b. Use the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark (except the Storm Videos Logo, where the logo appears at the right foot).
c. Include an attribution of Storm Videos’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Storm Videos, LLC.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of Storm Videos, LLC.
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Storm Videos, LLC., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of Storm Videos, LLC.
Depictions of Storm Videos Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: Storm Videos does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Storm Videos products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Storm Videos endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the Storm Videos product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Storm Videos product.
b. The imagery is an actual use of of the genuine Storm Videos product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Storm Videos before using any content or imagery owned or licensed by Storm Videos).
c. The Storm Videos product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the Storm Videos products and on Storm Videos Inc.
d. The reference to Storm Videos does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, Storm Videos or Storm Videos products.