Storm Videos LLC Standard End User License Agreement
(amended December 01, 2016)
This End User License Agreement, including the Invoice (defined below) the terms of which are incorporated herein (collectively the “Agreement”), sets forth the terms and conditions between You (“You” or “Licensee”) and Storm Videos LLC. (“Storm Videos”). By clicking to indicate acceptance of this Agreement below, you have entered in to a binding agreement with Storm Videos to license use of Content (defined below) from this website. Storm Videos may amend this Agreement from time to time without advance notice to You. If You do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, please cease use of this website and do not continue with any license of Content. We encourage You to print a copy of the Agreement for Your records.
1.1 “Content” means all images, footage, films, videos, photographs, typefaces, music or other audio/visual representations recorded in any format that are owned or controlled by Storm Videos and are available for license as Royalty-free or Rights-Managed Content described on the Invoice or on this website.
1.2 “Invoice” means the form generated by this website that sets out the clip(s) of Content You agree to license and the various rights associated with such clip(s), including the Project Type, Distribution/Use, Territory, Term, Client Name and Project Name, as well as the method of delivery and format.
1.3 “Licensee” or “You” means the entity or individual purchasing the license under this Agreement or, if the purchaser is acting on behalf of another entity or individual, the entity or individual specifically named under Client Name on the Invoice.
1.4 “Project” means the final work product that is created by or on behalf of the Licensee using the Content as authorized by this Agreement.
1.5 “Royalty-free Content” means Content licensed for an unlimited number of uses and Projects, licensed to a single Licensee, for a one-time flat fee and expressly designated as “Royalty-free” or “RF” by Storm Videos.
1.6 “Rights Managed Content” means Content licensed for a fee on a per use, per Project basis to a single Licensee and expressly designated as “Rights Managed” or “RM” by Storm Videos.
2. Grant of License.
2.1 General. All licenses granted by Storm Videos are conditioned upon (i) Licensee’s compliance with the terms of this Agreement and (ii) Storm Videos’s receipt of full payment of the amount identified in the Invoice.
2.2 Royalty-free Content. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, and excluding the rights granted in Section 2.3, Storm Videos grants You a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable and non-sublicensable, worldwide right and license to use the Royalty-free Content identified on the Invoice for an unlimited number of uses by You in any and all media for all purposes subject to the terms and restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
2.3 Rights Managed Content. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, and excluding the rights granted in Sections 2.2, Storm Videos grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferrable and non-sublicensable right and license to use the Rights Managed Content identified on the Invoice in the Project solely pursuant to the Term, Territory, Distribution/Use and other rights and restrictions specified in the Invoice and this Agreement. Rights Managed Content is licensed on a per-Project basis. If Licensee requires multiple uses of the Content for a Project, or if a single item of Rights Managed Content is used for multiple Projects, then a separate License Fee (as described on the Invoice) shall apply.
2.4 Releases and Clearances. When available, model and property release status is displayed on StormVideosllc.com. Content that contains the likenesses or images of people or property for which no release is available is marked as “Editorial use only”. While Storm Videos makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of Content release status, Storm Videos makes no warranties and/or representations regarding such status. You are responsible for determining if Your intended use requires released Content. Contact Storm Videos customer service if you require more information about the release status of Content.
3. General Restrictions.
3.1 Licensee shall not sub-license, sub-distribute, re-record, transfer, assign, sell, redistribute or provide to others any portion of the Content or its accompanying materials except as expressly identified on the Invoice. You shall not store or share the Content via a database, library, image, video or audio storage network, configuration or similar arrangement, except as required to incorporate the Content in Your Project as authorized herein and solely up to the time the Project is completed, or as otherwise set forth in the Invoice. You shall be entitled to a total aggregate of ten (10) users of the Content within Your organization, provided all such users are either employees or contractors who have agreed to be bound by the Agreement, and that You remain liable for all use by such users. You may transfer files containing the Content to Your clients, printers, or ISP provided that such parties shall have no further or additional rights to use the Content and cannot access or extract it from any file You provide. If You require more than ten (10) users, You must obtain an Extended License by contacting Storm Videos customer service.
3.2 Licensee shall not permit the Content to be available in any medium in a manner that enables third parties to download, extract or access the Content as a standalone file. You may not upload a standalone file of the Content to file-sharing websites or social networking websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc., unless authorized by Storm Videos in writing or in the Invoice. If Content is licensed by You for use on the Internet, or other online or interactive media outlet, You shall use Your best efforts to protect and secure the Content to ensure that it cannot be copied, that it retains its linear production for which it was licensed, and cannot be searched and downloaded in broadcast or substantially comparable quality.
3.3 You shall not use the Content in any way that might be considered defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, immoral or illegal. You also shall not use the Content in any manner that creates a false inference or places the Content in a context that is likely to result in bringing Storm Videos or any content supplier of Storm Videos into public disrespect, scandal, ridicule, or detract from the public image of Storm Videos or any of its identified content suppliers.
3.4 Content shall not be incorporated into a logo, trademark or service mark. Any trademarks, service marks, design marks, logos and/or trade dress included in the Content is subject to the exclusive owners of such marks and/or trade dress and no license to such marks is granted by this Agreement. If there are any incidental trademarks or logos contained in the Content, You shall not alter or use such marks in any way which implies an association with or an endorsement by the owner(s) of such logos or trademarks, and the inclusion of these incidental trademarks in the Content does not in any way imply such association with or endorsement of the Content. Items depicted in the Content may be subject to copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity, moral rights or other rights of another party. Storm Videos does not grant any license or right under this Agreement to any trademark, service mark, trade dress or logo or to any third party footage, photographs or copyrighted images that appear in the Content.
3.5 Any audio or music to certain performances or any associated compositions or arrangements that are included as part of or embedded in any Content is ambient sound only and may require additional clearances and/or licenses from the broadcaster owner or performer or owner of rights in such audio or music. No license is granted herein for such audio or sound, unless authorized in writing by Storm Videos prior to such use.
3.6 You are not permitted to use the Content for product that is intended for resale, such as, but not limited to, digital product (including electronic templates for websites or applications, PowerPoint or Keynote templates, screensavers, software and mobile applications, video games, stand-alone backgrounds, wallpapers, stock elements or effects imagery elements) or physical product (including DVDs, apparel, mugs, posters and any other printed product). You may not use or display the Content on websites or other venues designed to induce or involving the sale, license or other distribution of “on demand” products. If You require the Content to be used for resale, You must obtain an Extended License by contacting Storm Videos customer service.
3.7 With respect to celebrity and news Content, including Content containing a person well known to the general public or professional athlete, unless otherwise notified in writing by Storm Videos, Storm Videos does not grant any right or license to use the name or likeness of any individual appearing in the Content in connection with or as an express or implied endorsement or disparagement of any product or service.
3.8 Comp files. Watermarked Content (“Comps”) may be used only for test, rough-cut or evaluation purposes. You may not include Comps in any finished client work (whether public or for internal/corporate use), and may not include Comps in any publicly visible Project (i.e. published on the web such as YouTube or Vimeo, used in broadcast media, or used in printed marketing materials) unless explicitly granted permission by Storm Videos.
4. Payment. Unless Licensee is approved for credit terms, all licenses must be paid in advance of receipt of Content. If Licensee requests in writing to cancel this Agreement within 7 days of the date of receipt by Licensee, and such Content has not been used by Licensee, Storm Videos may cancel this Agreement and issue a credit to Licensee’s account or credit card. Content prices are subject to change and prices established on the Invoice may change for future licenses of the same or similar type Content. It is agreed that a failure to pay the License Fees on the Invoice will be considered a material breach of this Agreement. You agree to reimburse Storm Videos for its legal fees, costs and disbursements if Storm Videos is successful in enforcing any of its rights under this Agreement including, without limitation, in connection with any action to collect payment.
5. Taxes and Duties. You are responsible for paying any and all applicable sales taxes, use taxes, value added taxes, customs and duties imposed by any jurisdiction as a result of the license granted to You, or Your use of the Content, pursuant to this Agreement in addition to the License Fee for the Content.
6. Unauthorized Use. Licensee acknowledges and agrees that any unauthorized or unlicensed use of any Content by Licensee constitutes infringement of copyright and other applicable laws and shall entitle Storm Videos to exercise all rights and remedies available at law or in equity, including monetary damages against all users and beneficiaries of the use of such Content. Because monetary damages may be difficult to assess, in addition to any other fees, penalties or remedies available at law or under this Agreement, You agree that Storm Videos reserves the right to assess as liquidated damages, and not as a penalty, an amount equal to five (5) times Storm Videos’s License Fee for such misuse or unlicensed use of the Content. Without limiting any of the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Content comes into the possession of any unauthorized third person or entity while it is in Your control and due to Your negligence or willful misconduct, You shall undertake reasonable efforts to recover the Content and to recover on Storm Videos’s or its suppliers’ behalf any damages sustained by Storm Videosor its suppliers by reason of the unauthorized use thereof.
7. Termination of License. Storm Videos reserves the right to terminate, revoke, and/or withdraw any and all licenses granted hereunder upon Your failure to comply with any provisions of this Agreement or make full payment when due for the Content. Storm Videos shall be entitled to pursue all remedies available under copyright and other laws in the event You breach any term or obligation of this Agreement. In the event of any termination, neither You nor any other person or entity covered by the license granted to You under this Agreement shall have any further right to make any use of the Content, including the Content that has been included in a produced or finished Project.
8. Copyright and Copyright Notice. With the exception of Content that is in the public domain, all Content is copyrighted by Storm Videos or its content suppliers and is protected by United States Copyright laws, international treaty provisions and other applicable laws. No title or intellectual property rights in the Content, except for the license granted herein, are transferred to You by this Agreement. Storm Videos and its content suppliers retain all rights not expressly granted by this Agreement. You are solely responsible for determining if Content is in the public domain.
9. Withdrawal. Storm Videos shall have the right to withdraw Content because of actual or threatened litigation; any binding declaration or order issued by a competent court or government authority; or any reason beyond Storm Videos’s control. Storm Videos shall give You as much advance notice as practicable of any such withdrawal. Upon notice of withdrawal by Storm Videos, You agree to cease any use of or require any applicable party to cease any continued use of any withdrawn Content incorporated into any finished Project at Your own expense. You acknowledge that because of the special and unique character of Content. Your license or other exploitation of Content after the effective date of a notice of withdrawal could cause Storm Videos irreparable injury and damage. You, therefore, agree that in addition to any right or remedy available to Storm Videos, Storm Videos shall be entitled to injunctive and other equitable relief against You to prevent any exploitation after the effective date of a notice of withdrawal.
10. LIMITED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMERS.
10.1 Storm Videos warrants (a) it has all necessary rights and authority to enter into and perform under this Agreement and (b) the Content shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for 30 days from the date of the Invoice. All Content must be reviewed and approved in writing by the Storm Videos rights and clearances team. Upon such approval, Storm Videos further represents and warrants Licensee’s use of the Content in accordance with this Agreement will not infringe upon or violate any copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, patent rights, rights of privacy, or rights of publicity. No employee or representative of Storm Videos may make, and You shall not rely upon, any representations or warranties other than those stated in this Agreement.
10.2 EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED IN SECTION 10.1, CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” AND STORM VIDEOS, ITS CONTENT SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USE IN TRADE. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR A BREACH OF THE WARRANTIES IN SECTION 10 IS THE REPLACEMENT OF THE CONTENT OR REFUND OF THE LICENSE FEE, AT STORM VIDEOS’S OPTION.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT FOR ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BY LAW BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED, IN NO EVENT SHALL STORM VIDEOS OR ANY STORM VIDEOS SUBSIDIARY, SUCCESSOR, PREDECESSOR, PARENT, AFFILIATE, OFFICER, DIRECTOR, EMPLOYEE, CONTRACTOR, CONTENT SUPPLIER, OR LICENSOR SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR (I) SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, PUNITIVE, STATUTORY, OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE CONTENT, WHETHER FRAMED AS A BREACH OF WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IN TORT, CONTRACT, FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR OTHERWISE OR (II) FOR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, ITS TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION, AND/OR YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT PROVIDED BY STORM VIDEOS EXCEED TEN (10) TIMES THE MONETARY AMOUNT ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY STORM VIDEOS FOR THE USE OF THE APPLICABLE CONTENT.
12. Licensee Warranties. You represent and warrant that (a) You are at least eighteen years of age and have the full right and authority to enter into this Agreement on behalf of You and/or the entity listed under Client Name on the Invoice, (b) Licensee’s use of the Content will comply with the terms and conditions herein and those set forth in the Invoice, and (c) You are responsible for determining whether Your use of any Content in the Project requires the consent of any other party or the license of any additional rights and obtaining such consents/licenses if required. Licensee further represents and warrants that the information that Licensee provides to Storm Videos is accurate and true, including, without limitation, all credit card or other payment information and Licensee shall update such information as necessary.
13.1 Licensee indemnification obligations. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Storm Videos, its content suppliers, licensors, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, affiliates, successors, assigns, distributors and agents against all claims (including, without limitation, claims by third parties), lawsuits, demands, damages, judgments, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and permitted and authorized costs) arising out of or related to (i) Your breach of the terms, restrictions, conditions, and/or warranties of this Agreement, (ii) Your failure to obtain any required or necessary releases or clearances or other permissions for Your use of the Content, (iii) any violation of any intellectual property right or violation of any privacy or publicity right, or (iv) the negligent conduct of You or any of Your employees, contractors, agents, clients, principals, or users.
13.2 Storm Videos’s indemnification obligations. Provided that the Content is used in accordance with this Agreement, Storm Videos shall defend, indemnify and hold You harmless from all third party damages (excluding punitive damages), liabilities and expenses (including reasonable outside attorney’s fees and permitted and authorized costs), arising out of or related to Storm Videos’s breach of the warranties to You in Section 10.1 above. Notwithstanding the foregoing Storm Videos shall have no obligation under this section unless You provide Storm Videos with written notice within fifteen (15) days of Your receipt of any claim subject to this indemnity and the right to defend or control the defense of such claim and shall not, in any case, have any obligation with respect to any claims covered under Section 13.1 above.
14. Confidentiality. During this Agreement, Storm Videos may provide You with certain pricing, technical, marketing and other confidential information. You acknowledge that such confidential information encompasses valuable trade secrets which are proprietary to Storm Videos or its content suppliers. You agree that You will maintain the confidentiality of any confidential information that Storm Videos may provide You, and You shall not use or disclose such confidential information without the prior written consent of Storm Videos or its content suppliers, as the case may be.
15. Governing Law. The parties hereto agree that all actions or proceedings arising in connection with this Agreement shall be tried and litigated exclusively in the State and Federal courts located in the State of Missouri. This Agreement will be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Missouri, U.S.A., without reference to its laws relating to conflicts of law. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not govern this Agreement.
16. Miscellaneous. This Agreement, as well as agreements and other documents referred to in this Agreement constitute the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof and thereof. This Agreement supersedes all previous agreements, both oral and written, between or among the parties. If any provision of this Agreement is determined by a court to be invalid or unenforceable, such determination shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement, each of which shall be construed and enforced as if such invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.